Welcome to our Capn’s log, landlubbers. We’ll give you the low-down on our voyages into the blue yonder.
We love the planet and its multitudinous creatures. So we’ll never feature destinations or anything that is harmful to the Earth and to our fellow Earthlings. And if we see something we think is not on the level, we’ll be sure to steer you in the right direction.
You won’t find us covering any attractions featuring animals in captivity (which we oppose) or horrifying stories of animal abuse by tourists. There are plenty of blogs and animal lovers doing that already.
Ahoy Matey is a family travel blog with a focus on responsible and sustainable tourism. We’ll tell you only about the good stuff, the people who help, not harm.
If you click on our affiliate links, you’ll be helping for sure, cause we support a bunch of people that protect the planet. But we won’t make you walk the plank if you don’t. So have fun and explore our treasure map and all its secrets.
While you’re here, join our community below and if you want our attention, just send us a missive at avast (at) ahoymatey (dot) blog. Got to keep them scurvy spammers away, savvy? Arrrgh!
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on Twitter
- Like our Facebook page
- Watch our YouTube videos
- Learn who I am and how to work with me.
- Write a guest post for us.
- Subscribe to our family travel tips below
By the way, these here are our piratey mates. And they’re doing a mighty work for the planet. So give them a visit and do yer bit for the planet and its wee creatures.
Organisations we support
We’ve been featured on:
- Travel+Leisure India & SE Asia: Sudan Was The Last Male White Rhino. Can We Bring The Species Back?
- Green Global Travel: Top 10 Things To Do In Agra, India (For Nature & History Lovers)
- Backpacker Bible – I Went To Agra To See Elephants And Bears. Here’s Why…
- Travel-Wise – 5 Essential Tips for Single Parents Traveling with Kids
- Triptipedia – A Trip To The Confluence of the Indus and Zanskar Rivers
- Canadian World Traveller Magazine – My Favourite Goa Beaches
- Dutchies Abroad: 36 ultimate travel tips for travellers! (Mine is Travel tip # 24 – Go with the flow)
- TripGourmets.com – Best Street Food In Asia
Our favourite sustainable travel blogs:
A list of our favourite blogs focused on sustainable and responsible tourism. Do visit them and read their excellent content.