AhoyMatey! accepts well-written guest posts on the following topics:
- Family travel & vacations
- Pet-friendly travel
- Responsible travel
- Sustainable tourism
- Luxury resorts (especially those demonstrating sustainable practices)
- List posts and ‘How to’ posts
- Destination guides
- Unique travel experiences
We DO NOT publish articles that mention or recommend animal tourism or attractions such as zoos, marine parks and aquariums as most of these are abusive to animals.
Exceptions to this rule include articles featuring or recommending responsible animal tourism such as:
- Wildlife safaris where the tour operators demonstrated responsible practices and kept a respectful distance from the animals. These include African safaris, whale watching, encounters with marine and other wildlife.
- Reviews of responsible and well-managed wildlife sanctuaries or wildlife rescue and rehabilitation facilities, or your experience of volunteering in such facilities.
We do not publish press releases or news articles. We only accept content from creators with good reputations and demonstrated expertise in the topic of their content.
Please stick to these guidelines if you want to be published.
- You must be the original author of your post.
- All content must include a byline and 250-word author bio with a link to an author bio page or website at the bottom of your article in the Word doc. Also include the author’s Gravatar email and links to the author’s Twitter, Facebook and Google+ profiles.
- Your article must be between 800-1500 words, original and unique, not published anywhere else.
- You must agree not to publish the article anywhere else for a month after it is published on AhoyMatey.
- You will get one do-follow link to your own blog or website in the author bio.
- No links to affiliate sites are allowed. All links must be to your own domains or blog posts.
- All quotes or factual statements must be supported by inline links to references or authoritative sites.
- Send all guest posts to us as a Word doc attachment (no Google docs, please) with the author information at the end of the post.
- If you provide images or photographs, they must be your own images or screenshots or stock images that you have permission to use.
- Images must be 900×600 px in dimension and must be attached separately in the same email.
- Images sourced from Wikipedia or free stock image websites must provide the link to the original Wiki or stock image page in the body of the article.
- Please edit your articles for language, spelling and grammar.
- We reserve the right to reject any article that does not meet our standards.
If you’re an agency submitting guest posts for a client, please contact us for our rate for a sponsored post.
Send 3 to 5 blog topics for consideration to “priyaflorence (at) gmail.com”