AhoyMatey! accepts well-written guest posts on the following topics:
- Family travel & vacations
- Pet-friendly travel
- Responsible travel
- Sustainable tourism
- Luxury resorts (especially those demonstrating sustainable practices)
- List posts and ‘How to’ posts
- Destination guides
- Unique travel experiences
We DO NOT publish articles that mention or recommend animal tourism or attractions such as zoos, marine parks and aquariums as most of these are abusive to animals.
Exceptions to this rule include articles featuring or recommending responsible animal tourism such as:
- Wildlife safaris where the tour operators demonstrated responsible practices and kept a respectful distance from the animals. These include African safaris, whale watching, encounters with marine and other wildlife.
- Reviews of responsible and well-managed wildlife sanctuaries or wildlife rescue and rehabilitation facilities, or your experience of volunteering in such facilities.
We do not publish press releases or news articles. We only accept content from creators with good reputations and demonstrated expertise in the topic of their content.
Please stick to these guidelines if you want to get published.
- You must be the original author of your post and include a byline and 250-word author bio with a link to an author bio page or website at the bottom of your article in the Word doc.
- Also include the author’s Gravatar email and links to the author’s Twitter, Facebook and Google+ profiles.
- Free guest posts get ONE do-follow link to your author blog or website in the AUTHOR BIO at the end of the post.
- Your articles must be a minimum of 1200 words (up to 2000 words is fine), original and unique, not published anywhere else. Don’t bother sending it in if it is less than 1200 words.
- Send all guest posts to us as a Word doc attachment (no Google docs, please) with the author information at the end of the post.
- All quotes or factual statements must be supported by inline links to references or authoritative sites.
- No affiliate links are allowed, nor do we allow links to your own websites in the body of the post. However, we reserve the right to add links to other pages on this website or other websites where applicable.
- If you provide images or photographs, they must be your own images or screenshots or stock images that you have purchased and have permission to use.
- Images must be 900 x 600 px in dimension and attached separately in the same email.
- Please edit your articles for language, spelling and grammar. We reserve the right to reject any article that does not meet our standards.
Send 3 to 5 blog topics for consideration to “priyaflorence (at) gmail.com”
We receive a large number of submissions and our publishing schedule sometimes requires guest bloggers to wait for months before their post gets published.
Your article will NOT be published if:
- You try to pass off plagiarized content as your own.
- You try to sneak in a link to your own websites in the body of the post.
- You send repeated “reminders” asking when your article will be published.
- You berate us for not publishing your article – we don’t owe it to anyone except our advertisers.
- You write disrespectful emails – we will ignore your mail and block you.
If you do any of the things above, we will not respond to requests for publication again. If you’re in a great hurry to get published, ask our rates for a sponsored post.